KodeContest® Summer 2020
Challenge 1.1 - Scratch Storytelling
Calling all budding story writers, directors, and creators! Create and code your very own cartoon using Scratch 3.0. Build a program in Scratch 3.0 that when run (i.e., by pressing the green Go flag) will enact your cartoon script.
- Teams must create all the sprites. Sprites from the Scratch library cannot be used.
- A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 sprites can be used.
- Each sprite should have a minimum of 2 costumes.
- Backdrops from the Scratch library can be used.
- A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 backdrops can be used.
- Use speech (recorded audio), callouts (say and think balloons), and music (recorded or using the Scratch Music extension) to show your sprites talking/conversing/interacting with each other.
- The storyline needs to have a twist or a surprise element at the end that is either funny or serious or scary (depends on your idea – be creative!)
- The final cartoon should not exceed 7 minutes.
- Include a title and the list of team members at the beginning and the credits at the end. These can be additional backdrops.
What to submit?
Submission guidelines will be posted closer to the deadline. Stay tuned!