There are two ways to get charcoal in Minecraft. This post will show you the step by step process on how to get charcoal through both methods.
Method 1 (Smelt it):
1. Get a furnace (crafted using 8 pieces of cobblestone or blackstone).
2. Get any fuel source (planks, crafted using logs are the easiest source to use).
3. Get planks of any type (crafted by putting logs in a crafting table).
4. Put the logs in the top slot of the furnace.
5. Put your fuel source in the bottom slot of the furnace.
6. Wait till your logs are finished smelting (each log will give you one charcoal).
Method 2 (Find it):
1. Find a taiga/spruce village (found in taiga/spruce forests).
2. Locate a campfire.
3. Mine the campfire with a tool not enchanted with “silk touch”.
4. You should have picked up charcoal and some sticks.
Uses of Charcoal in Minecraft
Charcoal has the same smelting power as coal (can smelt 8 items) and is usually used as an alternative fuel source, if coal cannot be found. Charcoal can be used to craft torches, or to make campfires. Unlike coal, charcoal cannot be traded with villagers and cannot be crafted into a block of charcoal.
Kodeclik is an online coding academy for kids and teens to learn real world programming. Kids are introduced to coding in a fun and exciting way and are challeged to higher levels with engaging, high quality content.