Sticks are one of the most essential items in Minecraft. They are used to craft many important items, and you can’t progress far in the game without them. This blog post will highlight how to get sticks and what you can use them for.
Method 1 (Crafting)
1. Mine any type of log, one will do.
2. Craft the log into 4 planks by putting it in your crafting grid.
3. Place two planks vertically in the crafting grid. This will give you 4 sticks.
Note that instead of using planks, you could use bamboo.
Method 2 (Finding)
1. Locate a village.
2. See if there is a fletcher’s house/toolsmith house.
3. Check the houses for a chest (there might not be one).
4. There is a chance the chests generate with sticks.
You can also get sticks by breaking dead bushes in deserts, or by breaking/decaying leaves off trees.
Uses of sticks in Minecraft
Sticks can be used to craft a variety of items such as bows, arrows, and all the main tools (e.g. swords and axes). Although sticks themselves are useless, they help you achieve many things in Minecraft. Sticks can be used as fuel for a furnace although they aren’t the best option. You can also trade sticks for emeralds with a fletcher.
Kodeclik is an online coding academy for kids and teens to learn real world programming. Kids are introduced to coding in a fun and exciting way and are challeged to higher levels with engaging, high quality content.