Sugar is an essential ingredient in a few Minecraft foods and in potions. There are numerous ways to get sugar and this blog post will highlight all of them.
Method 1 (Crafting)
1. Locate sugarcane (You can find it growing by water in any biome).
2. Place the sugarcane into a crafting grid or table and it will craft into sugar.
Method 2 (also Crafting)
1. Use a bottle to collect honey from a beehive (the beehive needs to have honey, meaning that pollinated bees have to have gone into it).
2. Place the bottle of honey into a crafting grid or table and it will craft into three sugar.
Method 3 (Mob Drops)
1. Find a witch (you can either do this in the night or find one in a cave).
2. Upon death, the witch has a chance to drop sugar.
3. Note that looting on a sword does not increase the chance of getting sugar but rather increases the amount of sugar dropped.
Uses of Sugar in Minecraft
Sugar can be used to craft a fermented spider eye (used for brewing) as well as cake and pumpkin pie (food). Sugar is also required to brew a mundane potion as well as potions of swiftness. Sugar can also be fed to horses to increase their health.
Kodeclik is an online coding academy for kids and teens to learn real world programming. Kids are introduced to coding in a fun and exciting way and are challeged to higher levels with engaging, high quality content.