Black dye is a very useful dye in Minecraft, especially for builders. This blog post will highlight ways to get black dye and its uses.
Method 1 (using Squids)
1. Locate a river, ocean, or beach and search for squid(s).
2. Kill squids until you get their ink. Note that you need to kill normal squids if you want to get black ink.
3. Put the ink in your crafting grid and craft black dye!
Method 2 (using Wither Rose)
1. Spawn a wither and wait for it to kill a mob. In its place will be a wither rose.
2. Break and pick up the wither rose.
3. Place it into the crafting grid and craft black dye.
Uses of Black Dye
Black dye can be used to dye a bunch of blocks black such as shulker boxes. They can also be used to craft black blocks such as concrete powder. You can even dye sheep black, by right clicking them with black dye!
Kodeclik is an online coding academy for kids and teens to learn real world programming. Kids are introduced to coding in a fun and exciting way and are challeged to higher levels with engaging, high quality content.