Chains are a nice decorative touch to any build in Minecraft. Even though they don’t take up a full block, they can be extremely useful. This blog post will highlight how to get chains and their uses.
Method 1 (Crafting)
1. Acquire one iron ingot.
2. Acquire two iron nuggets.
3. Place them in a vertical formation in a crafting table (with the ingot in the middle), and you will be able to craft one chain!
Method 2 (Finding)
1. Locate a bastion remnant or a mineshaft.
2. Look around: chains should be part of the structure.
3. Mine the chains with any pickaxe and pick them up!
Method 3 (Chests)
1. Locate a bastion remnant.
2. Look in the chests: there is a chance you will find chains.
Uses of Chains
Chains can face any direction, and are part of several Minecraft build hacks. They are used to hang items such as lanterns, or really anything (visually hanging them). Them not being a full block really opens the possibilities.
Kodeclik is an online coding academy for kids and teens to learn real world programming. Kids are introduced to coding in a fun and exciting way and are challeged to higher levels with engaging, high quality content.